Cause - SIS Driver update through Windows Update is not compatible with the Elite 4
The SIS Driver update available through Windows Update is not compatible with the Elite 4. If this update has been installed, the Elite 4 will have no video.
1. To rectify this issue, reboot the machine in Safe Mode.
2. Once loaded, open the Device Manager and expand Display Adapters.
3. Right click and choose to remove any Display Adapter currently listed.
4. Restart the machine and it should load Windows in normal mode.
5. If the Add New Hardware Wizard appears, cancel it.
6. Reinstall the video driver for the Elite 4 using the original driver CD or the driver from the downloads section of www.cybernetman.com.
7. If prompted to overwrite newer files, choose yes.
8. When the installation is complete, restart the computer.
9. If unable to resolve the issue with these steps, please reinstall Windows.
Once installation of the Operating System is completed, install the drivers ...
Safe Mode is a diagnostic tool built into the Windows Operating System for ...
This article details how to complete a fresh Windows XP Operating System ...
Installation of any driver is a relatively simple process. 1. First make ...