How to install the CyberMed / iONE M10 Device box
This article will describe how to install the device box attachment to add 2D barcode scanning and smart card reader functionality to the CyberMed / iONE M10
The device box is shipped inside the accessories box. The only tool necessary is a Phillips #2 screwdriver.
- Remove the I/O plate by removing the two screws:
- With the I/O plate removed, install the extension cables inside the plastic cables bag:
Note: the right angle cable needs to connect to the USB 2.0 port furthest away from the rear.
- Make sure the power cable is also connected:
- Connect the Device box via 2 screws:
- Attach I/O cover, secure with the two screws:
- Example with cables attached:
- The cables can be tie wrapped behind the unit so they are not exposed. The spare USB extension cable if not needed can also be removed to make the installation cleaner.